Pool Maintenance Mistakes We Should Avoid
If you have your own pool, you are one of the favored ones. Most folks use their pools all year long. Pool doesn’t have to be complicated, but understanding how to properly perform pool maintenance can generate it last longer and be a less hazardous place for family fun and leisure.
12 Typical Pool Maintenance Mistakes
- One of the most common pool maintenance mistake is not checking your pool’s chemistry often. It is necessary to test the pool’s chemistry two times per week in the summer and once per week in the winter. In this way it is easy to generate minor adjustments to your water chemistry instead of big adjustments that produce a wild up and down graph of activity.
- Another pool maintenance tip we should consider is enabling pH to get over 8.0. At 8.5 chlorine, it is only 10% active. At 7.0, it is 73% active. By simply sustaining pH around 7.5 the chlorine is 50-60% active. Preserving the pH in check can enable you to use to the full possible the chlorine that is previously in the pool
- Not keeping alkalinity between 80-140 PPM. Low or high alkalinity can affect water stability and eventually a sanitizer’s capacity to perform.
- Not checking TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) or calcium hardness on a regular basis. Check TDS every 6 months and calcium hardness every month. These also have an effect on water stability that is different from sanitation, though associated.
- Not cleaning the cells in salt water systems (chlorine generators). Corroded or calcified cells can create chlorine.
- Backwashing sand or DE filtration system too often. If you do this, the filter can certainly not reach its cleaning potential. If you backwash on a regular basis for no reason, you are wasting water. Most filtration system needs backwashing when the pressure gauge rises 8-10 PSI from clean.
- Not cleaning the skimmer basket and hair and lint pot in the pool pumps often enough. If these are full of debris you can get little flow leading to flow, probably producing a big problem.
- Adding chemical compounds, particularly liquid chlorine, through the day. Try to add chemicals in the evening after the sun has set. You can get a lot more from them.
- Not brushing the walls and tile down often. If your flow system is suspect, and quite a few are, brushing down the walls can help algae problems. Preserving your tile clean can save you money. When the tile gets calcified it becomes like plaque and can take an expert to get it off.
- Make sure that you keep the room between the bottom of the cantilever on the outdoor patio and the top of the tile in check. If this cracks, then put in some silicon. You do not want water migrating from the interior of the pool out under the decking.
- Operate pumps adequately. You should run your pump about 1 hour for each 10 degrees of temperature. This assumes you have a good flow system. It is ALL about the FLOW! Flow IS the key to low pool maintenance.
- Not replacing damaged or missing depletes and suction sources. This is a real and unsafe hazard. The same could be explained for defective door/gate closers and fences in disrepair.
Pool Maintenance Service
At Aqua buddy you guarantee your pool maintenance and repair to certified professionals. They have been fulfilling customer’s needs with affordable and best price offer. Aqua Buddy guarantee high quality and professional for pool cleaning, pool repair services and pool maintenance.